New Grad Opportunities
Every year GE Canada hires more than 50 engineering and commerce graduates into a variety of roles. An up-to-date list of jobs can be found on our global careers site www.ge.com/careers
Entry Level Jobs
Whether you join a leadership program, enter a business-specific training program or join us as a Direct Hire, the outcome is the same- GE gives you the highest level of training, mentoring and support to equip you for life - professionally and personally. As one of the world’s most powerful brands, you will enjoy unmatched opportunities that promise a great future.
For more information on the best opportunities going, regularly check in with your Campus Career Centre or visit our global careers site
Student Co-Ops and Internships
GE’s Internship and Co-Op program is the most valuable way to develop your skills and gain job experience you can be proud of, all within a cutting edge global environment. If you’re interested in applying for an Intern or Co-Op placement, please consult your Campus Co-Op / Career Centre.
Career Edge Internships
These 6, 9 or 12-month national youth internships are designed to provide graduates with work experience, learning, coaching and networking. They provide a great opportunity for us to build a relationship with you early on while exposing you to the endless possibilities that GE offers.
To explore opportunities with GE Canada, please visit our Career Edge website
|Business:||GE Power & Water|
|Business Segment:||Power & Water|
|About Us:||At GE Canada, we are imagination at work. GE Canada teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Whatever your interests, GE has an incredible variety of opportunities in Canada across multiple business segments, from Healterhcare to Energy, Oil & Gas to Financial Services and more. This is your chance to become a part of a company internationally known for its reputation as an innovative industry leader that will invest in your success and growth. Join GE Canada and help us make a real difference creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.|
|Posted Position Title:||Apprentice - Electrical Motor Systems Technician|
|Function Segment:||Shop Operations|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:||Alberta|
|Postal Code:||T6B 2L8|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||This position is to apprentice towards a ticketed Electrical Motors System Technician, to rebuild and repair electric motors, generators, transformers, controllers and related electrical and mechanical equipment|
|Essential Responsibilities:||Apprenticing towards:|
- Diagnose and dismantle electric motors, transformers, switchgear, electric welders, generators and other electrical and mechanical equipments for servicing, modification or repair
- Remove and replace shafts, bearings, commutator, and other components, referring to blueprints or service manuals as required
- Wind and assemble various types of coils for electric motors or transformers and reinstall them
- Balance armatures or rotors, weld and braze or solder electrical connections, and align and adjust parts to close tolerances to reassemble items
- Candidate will be required to complete job routings and maintain accurate records of inspection and repair activities
- Candidate must follow company procedures and participate in team administrative duties
- Must maintain cleanliness and general appearance of their designated work area, general shop facility, vehicles and surrounding work area
- High School Diploma.
- Must have documents showing registration in the Province of Alberta for the Electrical Motors System Technician Apprenticeship Program.
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications:|
- Work overtime as required
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; good team player
- Good safety record; good driving record with a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Experience with Off Highway Vehicles equipment is an asset
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to interpret diagrams and/or constructive drawings
- Ability to use a variety of precision measuring equipment
- Computer literacy would be an advantage for some shop processes and possible internal/external communication